Etna-Sharpsburg Earth Day Challenge 2023
Who will win round four: Rams or Wolves?
Join us as two communities collaborate on cleaning up their streets and streams. The Fourth Annual Etna-Sharpsburg Challenge is back and this year's challenge will measure the number of volunteers and total trash collected.
The event will have three parts taking place on Saturday, April 22, 2023 - rain or shine. + 8-9 a.m. is the check-in at the Etna Borough Office + 9-11:30 a.m. is the community clean-up + 12-2 p.m. is the celebration at Second Harvest (624 Clay Ave, Sharpsburg, PA 15215)
How to participate:
1. SIGN UP! Register in advance so we can understand how many are people are participating. For Etna, use volunteersignup.org/8HQL8
2. GET SUPPLIES! Starting at 8 a.m. on 4/22 - go to your respective Borough office where supplies will be distributed; coffee and pastries will be available; and we will give you a location to go for the clean-up.
3. CLEAN UP! From 9 - 11:30 a.m. at the location you were assigned, pick up the trash you see and place it in a garbage bag. Once your bag is full, tie the bag off and leave at a street corner. Public Works will retrieve it for a dumpster.
4. STAY SAFE! Wear gloves, boots, and bright colors. Be aware of street traffic. Avoid broken glass, metal, sharp, or heavy objects.
5. TAKE PHOTOS! For prizes, post photos online. For Etna, use #etnaearthday and/or email to email@example.com
6. CELEBRATE! At 12 p.m., go to Second Harvest (624 Clay St, Sharpsburg) for the Celebration. Awards will be announced. Food & drink will be available for volunteers.
We'll also hear which team has won the Mayor's Cup for 2022!